Stanford White Awards
Please note, you must be a member to apply.
The Institute of Classical Architecture & Art announces the second annual Stanford White Awards for Excellence in Classical and Traditional Design. These awards recognize achievement in individual projects in architecture, interiors, landscape, urbanism, and building craftsmanship & artisanship throughout New York, New Jersey, and Fairfield County, Connecticut. The awards program is named in honor of Stanford White (1853-1906), of the distinguished New York firm McKim, Mead & White, whose legacy of design excellence and creativity in architecture and the related arts continues to serve as a source of inspiration and delight.
October 27, 2014 – Submission Deadline: Entry Forms, Fees, and Submittals Due by 5:00pm
November 8, 2014 – Adjudication
November 10, 2014 – Winners Announced
December 3, 2014 – Stanford White Awards Reception
- Projects must be geographically located within New York, New Jersey, or Fairfield County, Connecticut. Entrants are not required to be based within these borders, but must be members of the ICAA. Click here to join the ICAA.
- Project submissions, except in the Planning and Urbanism and Student Project categories, must have been completed within the ten-year span between January 1, 2004 and January 1, 2014.
- Employees and others remunerated by the ICAA in the time period corresponding within the years of application and consideration are ineligible.
- Entrants must have the legal right to submit the work.
- For submissions involving more than one partnering practitioner, it is incumbent on the applicant(s) to confirm project credits in advance. Changes subsequent to receipt will render the submission ineligible.
Awards will be considered from the following categories.
- Houses – New Construction under 5,000 sq. ft.
- House – New Construction over 5,000 sq. ft.
- Houses – Renovation and Additions
- Townhouse and Apartment Renovations
- Multi-Unit Projects
- Ancillary Structures
Commercial, Civic, and Institutional Architecture
Interior Design and Decoration
- Commercial, Civic, and Institutional
Craftsmanship and Artisanship
- Work crafted by the entrant as a permanent element of an architectural project.
Planning and Urbanism
- Completed within the past 5 years for a project within the SWA awards region.
2014 Stanford White Award Jurors
Michael Imber, FAIA, Michael Imber Architects
David Jones, AIA, Jones & Boer Architects
Suzanne Tucker, Tucker & Marks Design