“Shadows on the Teche” Watercolor Rendering Series – Class 1: Perspective Rendering
Hosted by the Louisiana Chapter
Part 1 of a 5-part series.
The class explores perspective rendering by examining a photo of the Shadows on the Teche and creating a beautiful watercolor piece. Before the class, you will receive a drawing of the building and accompanying photographs. We ask that you please sketch out the building prior to the class to optimize time for painting. If you have any questions, please reach out to Laura Thomas at [email protected] or Kevin Harris Architect at [email protected]
- You can use the colors that you typically use.
- Dickblick.com has small Winsor Newton sketchers set #00337-1059 or #00337-2009
- You can even use a child's Prang watercolor set.
The colors on my palette that Sue Zimmermann will be using are:
- Antwerp blue- Winsor Newton
- Ultramarine blue
- New Gamboge
- Raw Sienna
- Scarlet Lake- Winsor Newton
- Alizarin Crimson
- Burnt Sienna
Watercolor brushes- synthetic:
- Dickblick.com -Academic Synthetic Golden Taklon or Winsor Newton Cotman watercolor burshes
- #12 round
- #6 round
- #1 round
- 1/2" flat
Watercolor paper(artist grade is important for best results):
- 100% cotton paper, 140lb. weight cold press
- Dickblick.com - Winsor Newton professional paper or d'Arches
- You can order one sheet and cut it into any size from 8x10 to 11x 14
- Sue Zimmermann will be using 9x12"
Masking fluid - Pebeo drawing gum is Sue's choice
- Watercolor palette or a white plastic or ceramic plate
- Water container- qt. plastic food storage container works well
- Old hand towel
- Paper towels
- Small amount of dish washing liquid
- Drawing sketched out prior to the class
- Access to required materials.
- $25.00 for ICAA student members with student ID
- $50.00 for ICAA members
- $60.00 for general admission
To sign up for all 5 classes and get 1 free, click HERE!
This event is hosted by an ICAA Chapter. Please check the Chapter website or contact the Chapter directly, for the most up-to-date details including dates, times, and pricing.
- Learn techniques and best practices that demonstrate the process of creating a watercolor painting.
- Learn how to create a watercolor house portrait based on a photograph.
- Useful to the trade of architects, realtors, interior designers, landscape architects and craftsman to market their designs.
- Produce creative client gifts that they will cherish as a family heirloom.
2:00 - 6:00pm EST