Southern California Chapter – Benefitting the Southern California Chapter's education and scholarship programs.View Award
Southern California Chapter
Founded in 2004, the Institute of Classical Architecture & Art Southern California Chapter's (ICAA Southern California) mission is dedicated to advancing the contemporary practice and appreciation of the classical tradition in regional architecture, urbanism, and the allied arts. ICAA Southern California programming includes academic lectures and studio classes; private tours of significant residences rarely opened to the public, as well as educational meetings held in local artisan workshops, design offices and product showrooms. In 2017 the Southern California Chapter successfully launched the ICAA New Heights program at the Girls Academic Leadership Academy in Los Angeles. Following unprecedented demand for the 2017 ICAA Intensive in Classical Architecture in New York, the Southern California Chapter, in collaboration with the ICAA National Office, generously hosted the first regional Intensive program in October 2017.
The Southern California Chapter holds an annual Legacy Awards Dinner, which helps to support educational initiatives and scholarships. Additionally, the Southern California Neoclassicists (SCNC) group connects emerging professionals who share a common passion for classical architecture, art, building, and design.
- July 17: Annual Summer Party at Charles Jacobsen
- August 24: Measured Drawing at Caltech, Erik K. Evens, Instructor
- September 18: Edith Wharton and the Villas of Rome, CeCe Haydock, Guest Speaker, Mehraban
- September 26: Classical Lecture Series: Outside In: The Houses and Gardens of Tichenor and Thorp, Raun Thorp and Brian Tichenor, Guest Speakers, Inner Gardens
- October 17: 5th Annual Legacy dinner honoring Richard Holz, The California Club
- October 23: The Architecture of John Simpson, John Simpson, Guest Speaker, Paul Ferrante
Please contact [email protected] or 310-396-4379 for details
The main objective of Southern California Neoclassicists (SCNC) is to connect developing professionals who share the common focus of classical architecture, art, building, and design. The group is founded on the principals of personal and professional development, historic theories, innovative ideas, and lasting relationships. To expand the ICAA’s reach and appeal among a broader base of professionals, SCNC hosts their own independent events six times a year and actively promotes new membership for the organization. To learn more, visit the group's Facebook page.