A Special Holiday Message from ICAA President Peter Lyden
Peter shares highlights from the past year and offers season’s greetings
As holiday cheer fills New York City and our 44th Street offices are adorned with lights and decorations (not to mention so many lovely gifts from our members and friends), warm feelings abound!
Some of that warmth is the holiday season, but so much is due to the fact that we can look back on a tremendous year of achievement. From our groundbreaking collaboration with Sotheby’s, to the national broadcast of the ICAA’s original documentary on filmmaker James Ivory (now seen by millions!), to unforgettable journeys to unique destinations, 2019 has been a year of unprecedented activity and growth.
But above all else, it is the incredible success of our educational programming—the very heart of our mission—that provides cause for the greatest celebration.
This year has seen remarkable accomplishments:
- The ICAA hosted more New Heights programs than ever before, introducing middle schoolers to architecture and the classical tradition in nine cities across the United States.
- The first ever San Francisco Regional Intensive was held in the fall, bringing classical studies to new practitioners.
- We launched our first ever domestic Christopher H. Browne Drawing Tour to Williamsburg, Virginia, making this unique opportunity available to more participants.
- In an extension of New Heights, the ICAA introduced the Grand Tour, which brings classical architecture to public and charter school middle school students.
- The ICAA educated more students than ever before in College Workshops, bringing these powerful programs to three new schools in 2019.
- Across all courses, intensives, and workshops, the ICAA has educated more than 1,500 students in 2019!
None of this would be possible without the dedicated support of our donors, who value education, and seek to nurture a bright future for classical and traditional architecture, arts, and design, by reaching and inspiring younger practitioners.
Help ensure that the ICAA’s successful streak continues in the new year by donating today.
With the deepest gratitude, all of us at the ICAA wish the happiest of holidays to all!
PS: Donations made to the ICAA’s Year End Campaign will be matched up to $60,000, so by giving today you have the opportunity to effectively double your gift!